Senior Product Manager, Community Governance
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
On the Reddit Community Experience (RCX) team, we are excited about solving some of the hardest challenges in consumer products; fostering, growing and managing thousands of online communities each with millions of users across multiple countries.
If you’re passionate about building products that changes peoples’ lives for the better, developing strategies for products-at-scale, build-test-ship in weeks (not months), and maintaining high-quality work-life balance, Reddit then will be the perfect home for you.
- Work closely with the Director of Product and executives to set the vision and strategy for the Community Governance team - building products that enable communities of millions people to succeed at scale
- Build and execute on product strategies that takes into account the needs of community moderators and experiences that enrich our users' lives.
- Manage the full product lifecycle, working closely with engineers to drive new feature development from start to finish. Own specifications, define requirements, write user stories, solve problems, make decisions during development, and lead ongoing improvements.
- Analyze quantitative user data and use it to inform your product strategy and roadmap.
- Conduct qualitative user research, in partnership with our research team, to uncover key customer insights and to better inform your product plan.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the product organization to implement changes to shared product surfaces.
- Work with Community and Marketing partners to plan go-to-market and communicate releases to users.
- Provide valuable input into overall Reddit business goals and understand how product changes will impact key metrics.
What We Can Expect From You:
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives at developing long-term strategy and delivering tactical execution.
- You have experience solving complex problems on products that must work well for multiple parties (community moderators and members)
- You have exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You have strong organizational and analytical skills and are able to solve complex problems by analyzing data, leading to data driven decisions
- 3+ years of product management or engineering management experience
- Located in San Francisco
- Engineering or economics background
- Experience in B2B products
- Experience shipping iOS/Android products
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.