Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Generating billions of events and terabytes of data a day, we’re in the unique position to revolutionize content discovery on the internet. We are overhauling Reddit’s search and relevancy infrastructure as we unleash the value of an exponentially growing petabyte-scale dataset.
You will be joining the Reddit Intelligence Group as a people leader, leveraging state of the art technology to lead this effort from the ground level, delivering highly personalized experiences across our extremely diverse user-base.
If applying ML / AI in production to improve Reddit’s content hotness rankings and search relevance while impacting our bottom line through ad targeting/utilization excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Architect and design the relevancy infrastructure at Reddit.
- Apply Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence to retrieve relevant results with optimal ranking.
- Dig into how Reddit’s customer behavior is unique and go beyond generic relevance algorithms.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- 3+ years of experience building and managing engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer developing production code.
- Strong understanding of search, relevancy and ML / AI techniques.
- Experience with Solr, Spark, Hadoop or similar large-scale data technologies.
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Frontend
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Associate Software Engineer
Zype, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Developer Technology Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Multiple Offices (CA)
Principal Systems Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Diego
Snap Inc., Toronto, ON