Senior Backend Engineer, Anti-Evil
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
At Reddit, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Anti-Evil is a small and scrappy team, working closely with ops to defend Reddit’s integrity by fighting spam, abuse, bots, and fraud. Anti-evil team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
If ensuring the safety of users on one of the most popular website in the US excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly-knit company with one of the highest user: employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the anti-evil infrastructure at Reddit.
- Build real-time data systems to process large datasets in parallel on massive clusters.
- Leverage ML models to identify offending content and take appropriate actions.
- Increase efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deployment.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer developing production code.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning / artificial intelligence, pattern recognition or large-scale data mining.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Engineering
Heal, Los Angeles, CA/New York, NY/ Atlanta, GA