Senior Payroll Analyst
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Reddit is looking for an experienced payroll analyst who can fully manage payroll for our rapidly growing company. This role will report to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with our People Ops team.
- Process payroll for domestic and international payrolls for 700+ employees and partner with external third party service providers for international subsidiaries
- Partner with People Ops to ensure accurate processing of new hires, terminations, garnishments, raises, bonuses, and leaves of absence
- Maintain payroll system by managing and auditing data from various sources (including, but not limited to: tax authorities, ancillary medical benefits, benefit enrollment systems, retirement portals, COBRA, etc)
- Assist with the registration for new State/SUI/Local payroll tax as needed
- Help drive compliance with related state and federal statutory filing requirements (5500, PCORI)
- Serve as one of the main contacts for all payroll related matters and provide prompt, friendly, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process
- Assist in the reconciliation between general ledger and various sources (Workday, Navia, benefit portal)
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned by Accounting or People Ops, such as supporting the payroll manager in documenting workflows, improving processes and procedures, and periodic updates to payroll related forms
- Assist with external audits (financial statements, 401K, workers compensation) by providing supporting records and documentations
- 3+ years experience administering payroll in high-growth environment
- Experience with Workday, required
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Excel (advanced formula functions such as VLookups, Pivot tables)
- Comfortable working with autonomy and minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionality
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion as it relates to confidential and sensitive company and employee data
- Strong organizational skills
- Forward thinking: You are proactive in process updates and in proposing ideas for improvements
- Previous HR, Payroll, or Accounting experience or experience in tech companies
- Experience with Netsuite, Paylocity, Navia or Vanguard is a plus
- Experience with stock-payroll transactions (ISOs, NQs, or RSUs) in a pre and post IPO setting
- Experience assisting with implementation of new services, EDI feeds, or improvement of benefit operations
- Experience handling headcount growth in new areas - domestic and international
- A passionate redditor!
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
The best bed for better sleep