Engineering Manager, Anti-Evil Core Services
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day as we work towards our vision to create a welcoming experience where anyone in the world feels a sense of belonging. Anti-Evil is a closely-knit team, working tirelessly towards this vision by fighting spam, abuse, harassment, bots, vote manipulation and fraud. Anti-evil team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
If ensuring the safety of users on the 4th most popular website in the US excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a tightly knit company with one of the highest user:employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Experience in directly managing a team of engineers
- Fluency in some programming language(s), with significant experience with backend engineering
- Experience with designing and reviewing complex distributed systems at high scale
- Coach your team, regularly gathering and providing feedback to your team and fostering a healthy team culture.
- Able to set a roadmap for a team and it’s members, and deliver results with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package.
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend.
- Family Expansion Benefits.
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming.
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions.
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends.
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities.
- Catered Meals & Snacks.
- Onsite Wellness Classes.
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!