Group Product Manager, Economy
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Reddit has been growing its products that generate revenue from end users (Direct-to-Consumer). Virtual gifting between users, known as Reddit Awards, and subscriptions, known as Reddit Premium have proven to be successful with our users. In addition, the DTC team focuses on new experiences to generate revenue by making the Reddit experience more fun and engaging. Recent launches include:
- An Avatar builder that our users love
- A subscription offering that allows a few members to unlock perks for the entire community
- A Predictions feature for fans to have a friendly tournament about a future event E.g. a reality TV show, a sports match, a meme-related topic
We are looking for a strong, entrepreneurial product leader to join us and lead a product area. We are a small and fast-growing team that will double in size within 3 months. You will have opportunities to work on existing as well as new products, while growing your leadership and organizational impact.
The ideal candidate can build alignment, influence a wide team, and manage PMs. The person should have a keen product sense and a passion for areas like social motivations, gamification, and Reddit culture.
- Think big - define strategy for a product area, achieve alignment, and translate into a roadmap
- Execute fast - partner with Engineering, Design and Data to deliver launches on the roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally (E.g. Community, Communications, Legal) to launch products
- Iterate fast - Analyze shipped products, identify gaps, and refine the roadmap
- Business Area Impact - Set forecasts for product area(s) on a 1 year+ timeframe. Lead the team in delivering against those forecasts
What We Can Expect From You:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product management experience. Worked in or adjacent to consumer-facing apps, social networks, free-to-play games, new product development
- Fluency with using Data - tactical (e.g. A/B testing) and strategic (e.g. estimations, sizing) to inform crisp decisions
- A fine eye for design and craft in product, including a passion for emotional design
- Crisp writing and storytelling skills, expected at a product leader level
- Ability to draw talent, hire, mentor and motivate product managers
- Ability to see into competitive products and draw meaningful insights
- Being an avid Redditor yourself!
- MBA degree
- Experience in building virtual economies from ground-up
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Help the world share their story