Engineering Manager, Content Creation
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Engineering Manager - Content Creation
The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an engineering manager to lead the Content Creation team to own the full creation experience on Reddit and help us fulfill our mission to be the home for conversations that bring users together.
You will be joining the Reddit Experiences Group as a people leader, leveraging state of the art technology to lead this effort from the ground level, delivering highly personalized experiences across our extremely diverse user-base.
If leading, coaching, and mentoring teams that are working on a product that impacts hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Owning the technology stack/architecture for the content creation team.
- Hiring, developing, and mentoring software engineers.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborating closely with PM and Design to architect media related features.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years experience building and managing engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience developing software as an engineer.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C#).
- Management skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and its individual members, delegate, mentor, and deliver results.
- Interviewing engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Quality mindset: advocate for testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- Onsite Wellness Classes
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer, Global Operations
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Payments Team - Engineering Manager
Scribd, San Francisco headquarters
Web Automation Engineer/SDET
Upthere, Redwood City
Senior Engine Graphics Engineer
Front End Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Java Solutions Architect
Pivotal Software, Boulder