Technical Project Manager - Release
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own front page, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 300 million users worldwide.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an engineering manager to grow and lead the Release Engineering team. The role is responsible for leading a team of highly technical and talented engineers, developing and delivering testing, performance monitoring, testing / release automation tools across our multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web), and improving developer productivity.
If leading, coaching, and mentoring teams that are working on a product that impacts hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Improve, implement and evolve our release processes to make our mobile apps and the desktop website better.
- Develop and manage the communication with our test teams that support multiple product development teams.
- Ability to arrange proper dependencies among projects and allocate resources among the teams.
- Manage quality metrics on multiple simultaneous projects to ensure success of strategic goals.
- Prioritize tasks for team, balancing the needs of multiple projects, and keep strong alignment with engineering management to ensure on-time delivery of high quality features.
- Evangelize and develop a culture of quality focus, and apply our own best practices across multiple independent teams.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years experience in program management and product management.
- Strong learning skills on evolving changes and procedures.
- Strong operational, organizational and coordinating skills with large teams and shareholders.
- Quality mindset: advocate for testing and code quality.
- Ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Mobile or start-up environment and technical management experience is a huge plus.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- Onsite Wellness Classes
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit https://www.reddit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Game Designer + Software Engineer
Lumosity, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Pricing Optimization
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Engineering Program Manager
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Retail
Casper, New York
It Support Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ
Senior Product Manager
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California