Senior Director, Community Operations
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
The Senior Director, Community Operations is responsible for the overall health and growth of the Reddit user and moderator community. This person will oversee the creation, management and development of our Community and Trust & Safety operations. This includes moderator relationship management, 1:1 and 1:many user support, Reddit Gifts, product support, abuse enforcement, spam operations, and legal operations.
In addition to coordinating across the Operational teams described above, this person will work closely with our Antievil and Community Engineering teams to align on product priorities that ensure the ongoing health of the communities on reddit.com. This role also coordinates with our PR, Legal, Product, and Policy teams on creating scaled processes to handle inbound inquiries as well as proactive outbound communications to our community.
- Set strategy for the User Operations teams to grow and sustain healthy communities
- Recruit, manage, and grow User Operations into highly productive and engaged teams
- Support product/eng team’s development of new features for users, admins, and moderators
- Ensure the teams and the Company speaks to the community with one consistent voice
- Develop analytics reports on community growth, user safety, and content trends
- Partner with Legal on how to handle legal impact of community behaviors, government requests and legally sensitive areas
- Work with BD, Media Partnerships, and Comms to flag and highlight positive communities
- Monitor market growth in online user-generated communities to ensure the Company understands market changes in online community tools, issues, trends, etc.
- Located in our San Francisco HQ
- Executive leader with strong people management and managerial skills
- Strong operational execution skills with a clear focus on impact
- Experience in managing complex and nuanced situations; ability to stay calm under pressure
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of online community platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format to exec level,
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the company
- Strong knowledge of principles of customer service and the ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that community members present
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit https://www.reddit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Peloton, NY HQ
International Technical Recruiter (Hamburg)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
CB Insights, New York
Senior Sales Recruiter
Yelp, New York, NY
Global Mobility Tax & HR Compliance Program Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA