Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a full-stack engineer, you will deliver exciting new products to our web/mobile sites, ads platform, media services, and more. Your work will have high impact and be seen by hundreds of millions of Redditors each month.
We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, are enthusiastic about building new products and can write scalable/high-performance code on both the frontend and backend.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Build a world-class experience and the services that power it.
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications.
- Tackle tough design and product problems.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C#).
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, and/or developing large software systems.
- Experience with best web practices including A/B testing.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Backend Engineer
Systems Diagnostics Scientist
Emerald Cloud Lab, South San Francisco, CA
White Ops, Remote
Staff Software Engineer, Internal Tooling
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Collaboration Tools Project Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Backend Engineer, Mobile Team