Software Engineer, Security
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an intelligent, motivated individual who is enthusiastic about leading Security. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will participate in the effort to design, manage and further security monitoring and practices in Reddit environments.
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services.
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
- Develop and deliver training materials and evangelize good security practices.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of application security experience.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
- Experience with both application and operational security.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security.
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Frontend Developer
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Agile Quality Analyst (m/f)
Software Engineer - Backend (Big Data)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Technical Principal (m/w)
Senior QA Engineer
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Cloud Software Engineering Lead