Engineering Manager, Discovery
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We’re in the unique position to revolutionize content discovery on the internet. We are overhauling Reddit’s search and relevance infrastructure as we unleash the value of an exponentially growing petabyte-scale dataset.
You will be joining the newly formed Reddit Intelligence Group as a people leader, working in conjunction with our Feeds and Search teams to deliver highly personalized experiences on both web and our native apps.
If building the user experiences for our Feeds and Search verticals across platforms excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly knit team with one of the highest user:employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the Search & Feeds UX at Reddit, the #4 website in the US.
- Apply deep UX skills to architect maintainable/scalable presentation layers on web and mobile.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- 3+ years managing high performing engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a web and/or native mobile engineer in production code.
- Strong understanding of search and feeds.
- Experience with React/Angular and/or native iOS/Android presentation layer technologies.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Client Platform Engineer
Pinterest, San Francisco
Staff Security Analyst - Security Engineering
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Front End Developer Israel
Basis Technology, Cambridge, MA
Tech Lead - Partnerships
OnDeck, New York
Kenzan, Pawtucket, RI
Test Engineer, Quality Assurance
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL