Senior Staff Engineering Manager - Discovery
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings hundreds of millions together in community, conversation, and connection worldwide.
We’re in the unique position to revolutionize content discovery on the internet. We are overhauling Reddit’s search and relevance infrastructure as we unleash the value of an exponentially growing petabyte-scale dataset.
You will be joining the newly formed Reddit Intelligence Group as a people leader, working in conjunction with our Feeds and Search teams to deliver highly personalized experiences on both web and our native apps.
If building the user experiences for our Feeds and Search verticals across platforms excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly knit team with one of the highest user:employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the Search & Feeds UX at Reddit, the #4 website in the US.
- Apply deep UX skills to architect maintainable/scalable presentation layers on web and mobile.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years managing high performing engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a web and/or native mobile engineer in production code.
- Strong understanding of search and feeds.
- Experience with React/Angular and/or native iOS/Android presentation layer technologies.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package.
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions.
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend.
- Family Expansion Benefits.
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming.
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends.
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities.
- Catered Meals & Snacks.
- Onsite Wellness Classes.
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit https://www.reddit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager - Content Hub Onboarding
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Software Engineer, Human Computation
Pinterest, San Francisco
BarkBox, New York, NY
IoT Application Developer
ThoughtWorks, Shen Zhen
Full Stack Engineer (Front End focus)
ThirdLove, Cordoba, Argentina
Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Lumosity, San Francisco