Staff Web Engineer, Discovery
Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own personality, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 330 million users worldwide and growing fast!
We’re in the unique position to revolutionize content discovery on the internet. We are overhauling Reddit’s search and relevance infrastructure as we unleash the value of an exponentially growing petabyte-scale dataset.
You will be joining the newly formed Reddit Intelligence Group as a technical leader, working in conjunction with our Feeds and Search teams to deliver highly personalized experiences on our web app.
If building the user experiences for our Feeds and Search verticals excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly knit team with one of the highest user: employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the Search & Feeds UX at Reddit, the #4 website in the US.
- Apply deep UX understanding to build maintainable and scalable presentation layer on Web.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of experience as a web and/or native mobile engineer in production code.
- Strong understanding of search and feeds.
- Experience with web development, particularly front-end technologies like React and Redux.
- Track record delivering high-quality web apps.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package.
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions.
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend.
- Family Expansion Benefits.
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming.
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends.
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities.
- Catered Meals & Snacks.
- Onsite Wellness Classes.
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time.
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Jobs You May Like
DDoS Mitigation - Software Engineer
Cloudflare, London, UK
Senior Security DevOps Engineer
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Big Data Engineer (m/f)
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions - Platform Reliability Engineer
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, New York, Toronto
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Graphics System Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL or Sunnyvale, CA