Reddit, San Francisco
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
“The frontpage of the internet,” Reddit brings over 200 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Our legal & policy team works on wide variety of issues that help the products and the Reddit communities grow by keeping users safe and counseling the business on complex issues. Are you a fan of r/todayilearned, r/gameofthrones or r/upliftingnews? Then we want you!
Reddit is seeking a senior attorney to join our team and support the reddit.com platform. As one of the founding members of the legal team, you will help set business processes and work with different teams across the company to enable the business to grow and scale. If you are excited about building both a product and a legal team, then this is the place for you.
- Advise multiple stakeholders across marketing, product, engineering and business development throughout the product development cycle (from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy) on a broad range of compliance issues related to the reddit.com platform.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms and ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Review, draft and negotiate all types of agreements–including inbound, outbound, infrastructure, and partnership agreements.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to keep up with hyper growth.
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business.
- Eagerness to learn new things, comfortable handling chaos and thrives in a team environment.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and a sense of humor.
- Deep familiarity with secondary liability issues and laws in the US and abroad (e.g. DMCA, CDA, E-Commerce Directive, etc.)
- 7+ years legal experience in a relevant setting. In-house experience at a technology company with product counsel experience is strongly preferred.
- JD, admitted to the Bar, great academic record.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit https://www.reddit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Indiegogo, San Francisco
Senior FP&A Analyst
Evernote, Redwood City
Director Public Policy - Europe
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Accounts Payable Specialist
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Fulltime: Business Development Analyst
Coordinator, Original Content - Legal
Netflix, Los Angeles, California