Senior Data Scientist, Content & Communities
Reddit, New York, NY
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work with our Content and Communities Team to drive insights on how communities on the platform grow and evolve, as well as, the impact of community growth on content production. Your work will be critical to furthering Reddit’s mission of bringing a sense of community and belonging to our millions of users. You will partner with other data scientists, engineering teams, PMs, and designers, and your work will help encourage community participation, content creation, discovery, adoption, retention, and growth.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. A true sense of community and belonging can only be achieved by ensuring that there is a diverse set of communities and content on the platform and that we are able to connect the right people to the right communities. Your work will directly contribute to those efforts.
What You’ll Learn:
You will work side by side with some of the best Data Scientists in the world, and will have exposure to everything and anything related to our communities at Reddit. You will also have access to one of the coolest data sets in the world (Reddit’s).
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory analyses on understanding community growth to help shape the work the team undertakes
- Identify the signals that can be best leveraged to connect users to the communities that will inspire them to contribute posts or comments
- Define team metrics and goals and make them easily available through ETLs (extract/transform/load) and reporting dashboards
- Communicate findings and co-design strategy with the most senior leaders in our organization
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative or data science, or product analytics roles,
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages preferred (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.