Senior Android Engineer, Growth
Reddit, Los Angeles
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Internationalization group at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple fronts. We’re making Reddit a high quality, performant experience for users around the globe, we help foster the creation and growth of communities in new markets, and we help users find the best, most culturally relevant content. Our work enables Reddit to bring value in new and old ways to new groups of users. As a Senior Android Engineer, you build and improve the architectural foundations that support an enjoyable experience.
This is a high-impact role where you will drive technical strategy, architecture, and execution for one of the largest apps in the world. If building the Android platform that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
What You’ll Do
- Design architectures and build components that deliver fast, smooth experiences to users across the world.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-team to execute on technical and business strategy and build experiences that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
What We Can Expect From You
- Expertise in Java or Kotlin with 6+ years of experience within Android development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
- Expertise in building high-performance feeds-based or media-rich Android apps.
- Bilingual with English.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.