Senior Data Scientist, Ads Marketplace Analytics
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Senior level Data Scientist to work with our Ads product team. You will partner closely with cross functional team leaders such as GPMs, EMs and leadership in utilizing data to drive decision making. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will have a keen business acumen and the big picture thinking that can guide our Marketplace strategy in a data driven manner.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Advertising is Reddit’s primary business model and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. This large number of self-governed communities have highly-engaged users who are in an unduplicated mindset of consuming relevant information. This has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a massive and highly differentiated ads business.
We spent the past few years building the foundations of a modern ad serving system, building features to help brand and performance advertisers find their audiences on Reddit and get high ROI on their ad spend. We’re now ready to build differentiated products on top of those foundations, utilizing data to drive the product decisions for both short term and long term bets.
As a data scientist on the ads data science team, you’ll be a key player in ensuring we make the right product decisions based on data insights and help define the culture that is driven through metrics and KPIs. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there are still a lot of low hanging fruit that will immediately impact millions of users and thousands of advertisers.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will partner closely with our Ads Product and Engineering team, which is the core driver of revenue for the company. You’ll play a key role in developing Ads product strategy and experiments. You’ll play with petabytes of data full of user and advertiser interactions to develop a deeper understanding of Reddit’s ads ecosystem.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop insights into Reddit advertising to help the company increase ads revenue while simultaneously improving end user experience and advertiser ROAS (Return on Ad Spend).
- Conduct in-depth analyses across multiple dimensions to assess the health of the Reddit Ads marketplace and to help shape the strategic direction of Reddit Ads.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, UX Researchers, and Data Warehouse Engineers, to take ownership of ads metrics and to drive experimentation rigor.
- Design and develop dashboards and ETL processes to support the activities described above.
- Contribute actively to build up the knowledge base both within the Ads organization and the wider Data organization.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role.
- 2+ years of experience in an advertising platform such as (but not limited to) Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, or Pinterest Ads.
- Understanding of experimentation and A/B testing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit.
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python).
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker).
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Software Engineering Intern - Product Engineering (Summer 22/23)
Canva, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia