Sr. Data Scientist, Growth Analytics (SEO)
Reddit, Los Angeles, CA
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Growth SEO team plays a key role in fulfilling Reddit’s mission of bringing community & belonging to the world through deep understanding of how we can better connect people to the best information and communities for them - the heart of Reddit’s product - from crypto to support groups, gaming to AMAs, travel tips to memes.
As the team’s Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in guiding product strategy through proactively surfacing insights, conducting exploratory analyses and executing advanced experimentation.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
How You’ll Have Impact:
- Today, Growth touches a large swatch of features at Reddit. As a key member of the team, you’ll help us refine our Growth strategy through playing with one of the richest datasets at Reddit and uncovering user insights. Your work on Reddit’s SEO team will make step changes to a key driver of introducing new users to the platform.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be deeply integrated with our tight-knit team, which moves quickly and runs experiments on a variety of initiatives at Reddit. You’ll play a key role in determining the SEO strategy and become an expert in Google, Bing, and other search engines. You’ll dive into petabytes of data full of user interactions and events to deliver insights and influence product work that will impact the entire company.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform proactive exploratory analyses to understand search engine algorithms and user behaviors to identify new opportunities to best serve the most relevant communities and posts to users
- Investigate and deep dive into topline metric trends to understand SEO impact
- Partner with Eng and Product to define and execute Growth’s roadmap and initiatives
- Design and evaluate A/B tests and product feature experiments to influence product strategy
- Define team metrics and goals and scale data-informed decision making through ETLs and reporting dashboards
- Present findings to senior leadership and influence product decisions
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with causal inference techniques and causal models
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)Strong interest in SEO
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian in 2005, Reddit is an online community where users submit, vote, and comment on content, news, and discussions. Nicknamed "the front page of the internet," Reddit is one of the top ten sites in the United States (source: Alexa), with hundreds of millions of users each month on desktop, mobile web, and our official Android/iOS apps.
Want to learn more about Reddit? Visit Reddit's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.