Director, Marketing Research & Consumer Insights
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
The core responsibility of the Director, Marketing Research & Consumer Insights is to provide exceptional primary research services to support sales efforts and inform product development. They are an integral part of all new product development initiatives and provide data-driven consumer insights for key business decisions. Additionally this role will be proactive in setting the research agenda for the team, staying current on the best practices and new techniques in the online research arena and working to ensure that we have appropriate standard tools. He/she will also work closely with the Client Services team, identifying key opportunities for growth through client/category expansion and providing compelling empirical support to the team to aid in acquiring new clients.
The ideal candidate will have deep online and media research experience, preferably in a fast paced, start-up environment, is a self-starter, and a great team player. In addition, the ideal candidate must thrive in a highly collaborative service delivery environment, strive for superior work product, and be very comfortable presenting and interacting with internal and external clients. Effective communication of complicated analyses to non-research oriented professionals represents a critical success factor.
- Design, collect and analyze primary research to support all MyMove Initiatives including product and audience development and category identification and expansion
- Combine customer-based information with understanding of the industry and company to create insights and influence idea development and decision-making processes
- Contribute supporting data to enable financial model development, analysis and projections for all aspects of MyMove
- Identify audience segmentation opportunities with respect to marketing channels, user behaviors, site traffic patterns, demographics and psychographics to drive audience growth.
- Lead design of primary research plans for all MyMove products
- Identify and act as liaison with secondary research providers, including syndicated research providers
- Identify necessary tools and techniques for best practices in online research
- Own the design and development of the Mover Benchmark survey
- Become an expert in Mover Research story in order to provide sales and product support
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience designing, conducting and analyzing online research
- Experience with SEO, SEM, affiliate, display, social media, email, mobile research as well as audience development
- Ability to understand marketing and sales objectives and translate into innovative methodologies
- Hands on expertise conducting survey research (writing surveys, programming, and fielding surveys online)
- Familiarity with syndicated data
- Comfort with online testing and measurement design
- Analyzing results (using Excel, SPSS, and other tools to manipulate data); advanced techniques are a plus
- Experience with online qualitative methods of research including usability testing, focus groups, bulletin board testing, etc.
- Complete comfort with Microsoft suite of office products. Expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Great data visualization and ability to communicate complex concepts to non-research audiences
- Ability to present research to senior executives and discuss strategic implications with sales and clients
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to work with internal client-facing teams as well as directly with clients to manage projects
- Balance desire for research rigor with realities of business time frames and budgets
- Sense of humor
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has more than 2,700 employees in offices across the Carolinas, Seattle, Washington, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
MYMOVE, LLC, owned by Red Ventures, LLC, is a media company with unbeatable technology, data and marketing expertise. We have an exclusive relationship with the USPS® that allows us to connect brands with roughly 39 million movers every year.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit https://www.redventures.com/
Jobs You May Like
Channel Marketing Specialist
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Digital Influencer Manager - Australia
Badoo, London, UK
Associate Product Marketing Manager
Pocket Gems, Core
Product Marketing Manager
Samsara, San Francisco
Digital Marketing Manager, okta.com
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Social Media Manager