Our Directors have the unique opportunity to lead powerhouse technology teams while also remaining technically proficient themselves, as they assist in building our customer web applications and software products. Our team is looking for a visionary who possesses the ability to interpret data and make difficult decisions that will shape the strategy of our technology teams.
You will work on a variety of things that include: development of our SaaS-based projects, chat platform, web analytics suite, live streaming dashboards, and more. You will lead a team that works together to explore new boundaries and test new technologies. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to the business, marketing and data dilemmas of our partners.
How We Work:
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
Key Highlights of the Role:
- In the Director or Engineering role, it is up to you to evolve your team’s technical depth, break large-scale problems into manageable phases and quickly deliver solutions to the business. If you like the challenge of fixing things quickly and efficiently, this is the role for you!
- Red Ventures values autonomy. We pride ourselves on being an environment for opportunity and growth regardless of your title, tenure or team. You will work alongside business and marketing leaders to rapidly translate business requirements into final products.
- As a Director of Software Engineering, you will be a hands-on player and a coach. You possess the capability to push your team’s abilities in growing them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands on yourself in developing our applications and tools.
- You can make non-technical decisions while continuing to evolve the technical depth of Red Ventures
What We Are Looking For:
- 10+ years of recent server side experience in technologies such as C#, Golang, PHP, or Node
- Experience in front-end technologies such as React, Vue, Angular and Polymer
- Experience with OOP and software design skills
- Strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Experience leading small teams or serving as a technical lead within an organization
- Analytical and detail oriented minds with decisive judgement skills
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.