Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare – all with unique compliance, regulatory and legal needs. We are expanding nationally and globally.
With an environment that presents unique and changing challenges, it’s with excitement that we are searching for a multi-faceted Chief Legal Officer to join our growing legal team. Our Chief Legal Officer will provide strategic leadership to the legal team and company to ensure that we remain in adherence to legal standards and in-house policies as it pertains to a variety of transactional agreements and general compliance matters.
- Oversee Red Ventures’ legal team and operations, both domestically and internationally, to provide a strategic vision and execute proactive legal policies to ensure the company is protected.
- Advise the Senior Leadership team and CEO on all legal and regulatory matters as it pertains to the current and future strategy of the company.
- Serve as legal advisor and active participant in establishing partnerships and facilitating merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions, including due diligence, negotiation and preparation of term sheets and definitive agreements, and assistance with financing documentation and closing process.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, compliance and regulatory processes, and management of corporate entities.
- Assist with management of intellectual property portfolio as well as data privacy compliance policies.
- Work closely with the legal team on risk assessment and on compliance-related processes and procedures to support the company’s compliance environment and ever-present focus on quality.
- Work with governmental entities to understand potential changes in law and policies that might impact the Company
- Address employment related legal issues in conjunction with Human Resources department, including EEOC and worker’s compensation claims.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on litigation and specialized issues as required.
- 15+ years of experience working with senior business management and executive leadership in connection with a broad range of legal matters including contracts, intellectual property, marketing, compliance, employment, privacy, M&A, and other transactional activities. Prior in-house experience required.
- Experience within the digital marketing, e-commerce, and/or technology space is strongly preferred, as well as comfort in operating effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven successful track record working with senior leadership to counsel through legal matters and business decisions.
- Ability to think proactive and strategically within your ideas and actions while balancing the current workflow and needs of the business.
- Strategic thinking and innovative, creative problem-solving, often in unprecedented cutting-edge scenarios in an ever-changing environment.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to pivot quickly as needs and priorities change. Think fast, work fast, react fast, adapt fast.
- Effective listening and diagnostic skills. Capable of assessing and managing appropriate levels of risk consistent with upholding the law and maintaining the company’s high ethical standards while helping drive the business forward.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of diverse matters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Fast and eager learner. Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of the business and become an integral business partner.
- Team player with a strong orientation toward collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Experience in regulated industries such as health care and financial services is a plus
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and done properly. Must have fun while doing so!
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit https://www.redventures.com/
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Finance Operations - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Policy Intern - University 2018 (San Francisco)
Mozilla, San Francisco, CA
Casper, New York
International Tax Senior Associate/ Manager
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Solution Consultant - ITSM - Southeast Region
Cherwell Software, Raleigh, NC
Stage - Finance Manager Assistant
foodora France, France, Paris Country HQ