Red Ventures is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer that will bring to life unique user experiences across digital platforms, products and devices at our location in Fort Mill, SC (relocation assistance provided). You will push the envelope to continuously innovate the interactive and mobile user experiences. You will challenge your peers as much as they will challenge you in an environment where Engineers, UX/UI Designers and Data Strategists join forces to kick ass.
We may be Red Ventures, but we hate red tape. Set your path, see your impact, and grow with us.
Principle duties & responsibilities:
- Develop the scope and timelines for all front-end code tasks/projects
- Owns projects - Make the high-level, critical technical decisions regarding the front-end UI of any site/application/project supported
- Support fellow team members in the completion of their assigned tasks
- Provide mentorship and the transfer of knowledge to fellow team members
- Provide expert technical direction, communication, and feedback to the business team
- Strong business acumen/tech translator
- Design strategic solutions
Required technical experience:
- 5-7+ years of professional relevant experience in the role building websites, the front-end interfaces of web applications, or the like.
- Git version control
- Build systems – Gulp (preferred), Grunt, Webpack (second preference), NPM, Bower
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Sketch (where the designs come from)
Expert knowledge and practical implementation of:
- Semantic markup using HTML5
- CSS through the use of pre-processors such as LESS, SASS, etc.
- Can develop fully responsive websites (using CSS media queries… JS-based solutions not accepted as meeting these criteria)
- Create clean, well organized and structured code in all of the above
- Advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Webpack)
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Expert ability to scope and timeline a technical front-end project with the understanding and ability to gather the necessary inputs on their own
- Expert ability to make the right technical decisions to build a solution meeting the requirements (expertise in technical options/approaches combined with project requirements and constraints)
- Have the capability to architect a performant, scalable, and reliable technical solution to meet business needs and technical constraints
- Understanding of further reaching technical concepts (API’s, modular concepts, modular CSS, JS etc.)
- Influential communicator with technical and non-technical individuals
- Share their knowledge and grow fellow developers through documentation, code reviews, mentorship, and training
- Can work autonomously and self-initiated
Things that will impress us:
- Advanced-to-expert knowledge of Web standards, semantics, and advanced concepts such as asynchronous development, repeatable patterns, modular concepts
- React.js/Vue.js expertise (these two are preferred, but Angular would get some points)
- Ability to architect and develop their own API’s
- Ability to architect and develop build scripts (Gulp and Webpack preferred)
- Ability to develop Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), Electron apps, React Native apps, or mobile native apps
- Ability to somewhat cross the threshold into the backend (those that go more full-stack)
- Practical Implementation of Web Accessibility Standards (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing acumen concepts and principles (SEO, SEM, PPC, etc)
- Building their own side projects showing more advanced skills
- Contributing to an open source project
- Volunteering time educating/mentoring fellow developers
Why Red Ventures?
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services in the home services, financial services, and healthcare industries. We use advanced analytics, data science, and integrated technology to cultivate and customize digital connections between brands and customers. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.
Where good becomes great. We believe in work/life balance and offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for leadership and career progression
- Open PTO policy
- Brand new Learning & Development Center
- 401k matching
- Family-friendly health, dental, and vision insurance
- Outdoor amphitheater and jogging/bike trail
- Onsite health center
- Health and wellness programs and classes
- Onsite gyms, basketball court, yoga studio, and bowling alley
- Other perks (just ask!)
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provide better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Jobs You May Like
Infrastruktur Spezialist (m/w/d) (DevOps)
Azure Cloud Architect
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Dallas, NewYorkCity, Norfolk, Philadelphia, RemoteUS , Reston, Seattle
Cloudreach, Philadelphia, New York City, Washington DC
Senior Security Engineer
Strava, Denver, CO
Software Engineer - iOS
Ring, Malvern, PA