Data Science at Red Ventures:
Data drives everything at Red Ventures. We are maniacal about metrics and in a continuous race to find ways to mine, manipulate and collect data that will give us a significant advantage over our competition.
We’re a tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing team working with a large amount of complete and powerful data. From identifying opportunities to creating and deploying tests and solutions in real time settings, the Data Science team at Red Ventures drives growth for every aspect of our multi-billion-dollar business.
The Director of Data Science will be responsible for contributing to ongoing data science efforts, growing and scaling the data science team, and identifying significant business opportunities where data science can help. You’ll help us better leverage our full funnel of data to optimize our existing businesses, guide decisions, and set a data science strategy that will secure our position not just as a partner to clients but as a leader in the industry.
Red Ventures is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, results-driven atmosphere, which means you’ll also be counted on to mentor and guide less experienced data science analysts and serve as a business interface for the data science team by working with business teams to identify potential opportunities and to report progress on initiatives.
And, just in case that didn’t sound like enough fun, we’ll also expect you to dive into our entire business model, creating and expanding expertise in digital marketing and customer acquisition so that you can continue to maximize the impact of Data Science at Red Ventures.
What RV Expects From You
- Experience in:
- Statistical modeling, machine learning and optimization as a data scientist or team leader (7+ years). MS/PhD degree in related field preferred.
- Mentoring and developing data scientists (2+ years). Managerial experience of leading a data science team preferred.
- Leading the development and deployment of data science solutions for digital marketing or e-commerce in a production environment, especially in real-time settings.
- Proficiency at:
- Assessing the value/risk of data science driven business opportunities
- Balancing the short-term business needs with the technology needs across the company
- Translating business opportunities into data science problems that align closely with business and company-wide strategy
- Communicating and working with a broad audience (business leaders, analysts, data scientists, engineers)
What You Should Expect From RV
- Culture that is:
- Constantly evolving and in a state of high growth
- Opportunities to:
- Grow as a programmer with support from our data science engineers in languages such as Scala, Python, and R
- Influence the direction of our in-house technologies that support our optimization solutions
- Scope out what the right work to be doing is
- Work with a variety of companies and industries
- Turn data science solutions into products as opposed to consistently working on one-off solutions
Red Ventures Overview:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science, and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Senior Research Analyst
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY
Blue State Digital, DC
Analytics High Value Consulting, Senior Manager
Accenture, Ontario - Toronto, Canada
DICE, London, Greater London UK
Senior Intelligence Analyst, Healthcare
CB Insights, New York