Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is seeking an experienced Consumer Banking Editor to join the team! This is an extremely exciting role for an individual that has experience with writing and editing in the consumer banking/finance space to lead the charge and use your extensive knowledge of writing, search engine optimization and analytics to develop compelling content for Bankrate.com’s millions of monthly users. The successful candidate will be passionate about creating experiences that engage, influence and educate our users while converting for our advertisers.
In this position you will have the opportunity to build and manage a team of content creators. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience writing and editing consumer banking, with a deep understanding of deposits, CDs, money markets, etc. A history of managing a team of writers is a must.
All applicants must have a passion for research-driven content and an analytical bent.
Key activities / responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of writers wholly focused on providing the most comprehensive consumer banking information in the world.
- Assign, maintain and manage a large backlog of consumer banking content.
- Develop a process for managing and executing the content strategy, including leveraging data to inform an approach, developing a pipeline of prioritized content and formalizing a publishing workflow.
- Work closely with the business intelligence team to design measurement, testing and optimization mechanisms and report on the content effectiveness and engagement.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar tied to key themes that support our business goals and marketing plans.
- Develop comprehensive content requirements, content models and business rules for meaningful content presentation.
Who you are:
- A strategic thinker, able to understand Bankrate.com’s business and create new initiatives to drive revenue through personal finance content.
- Obsessed with content quality, structure, performance management and ongoing content optimization.
- Knowledgeable about search engine optimization.
- Able to balance the need to inform our readers with the critical need to rank first via search and drive revenue.
- A leader with terrific communication skills that can serve as an advocate for your team and is comfortable interacting with stakeholders and executives.
- A subject matter expert around all things consumer banking.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience writing, editing or otherwise working in the world of content.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Omniture.
About Red Ventures: Red Ventures is a multibillion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Jobs You May Like
Social Media Manager
Red Ventures, London, England
Head of Skill Assessment Content
DataCamp, New York City
Technician Team Lead (2nd Shift)
Vroom, Stafford, TX
Video Media Optimization Associate - Student position
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Group Nine Media
Associate Producer, Weekends
Group Nine Media, NowThis - New York, NY
Huge, Washington DC