Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented, result oriented, innovative software engineers to join our team, responsible for building services that enables searching of rate products across multiple channels, including Bankrate.com web & mobile platforms. In addition to building applications that can hold up to the scale & growth of our business, our team of engineers work collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. We believe in software craftsmanship and that there is real value in developing software so that it can be easily understood, maintained, and extended. At Bankrate.com we are all about team work, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard, but do so in a collaborative, fun and flexible work environment.
What You'll Do:
- Designing, modifying, developing, writing, testing and implementing software.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Implementing web services and REST APIs to power Bankrate.com and partners’ web sites.
- Building a scalable, robust and reliable infrastructure to support our website and services.
- Collaborating with product owners, scrum masters, and other developers to deliver a quality product.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 2 years of software development experience
- Experience with object-oriented PHP and Laravel and/or Symfony frameworks
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or SQL Server databases
- Experience working in a Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environments
- Experience developing and supporting production quality API
- REST, SOAP and API services, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching
- Security , Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Fault Tolerance, Performance, Monitoring, Documentation
- Experience with various architectures: Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Hexagonal Architecture, Event Driven Architecture, Microservices, Cloud Native
- Experience with testing: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation, Consumer Driven Contract Testing
- Experience with Node.JS, Python, or Go is a plus
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, and/or Lambdas is a plus
- Experience with PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Chai and other unit testing libraries and frameworks
- Experience with various tools: GIT, Postman, Wireshark, Swagger, Docker, Jenkins
- Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus.
Who We Are:
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.