Red Ventures has built a portfolio of digital brands and we are currently seeking an Editor to assign, edit and publish content for one or more of these brands. We'll work with you through the interview process to determine the best fit. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating SEO-friendly content that answers key questions and empowers readers to make smart consumer decisions. The Editor will help manage end-to-end content production: from pitching ideas, to outline creation, assignment, editing and publishing.
What You'll Do:
- Create clear assignment outlines for articles, product pages, guides, how-to tutorials and data rich editorial pieces.
- Assign and manage workflow for internal and freelance writers.
- Edit, proofread and fact-check articles in accordance with a robust editorial style guide.
- Upload and publish content in our CMS.
- Consistently improve the quality of editorial coverage by providing actionable feedback to writers.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with what's trending to pitch relevant story ideas.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Occasionally write articles as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 3 years of editing experience.
- Experience writing or editing for SEO.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Command of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.