As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be expected to create innovative solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to a business’s bottom line.
What You'll Do:
- You will be a key contributor of the overall technology and organizational strategy for the data science team and broader Red Ventures
- organization. Understand business strategy and identifies innovative data science opportunities that can lead to significant business impact.
- Sets strategy and execution plan for large data science initiatives, projects and programs.
- Drives projects forwards with high efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foresees technical, business and execution risks in projects and strategically makes decisions to mitigate them.
- Brings relevant state-of-the-art data science technologies to the team and leads by example to establish best practices.
- Mentor and/or manage junior data science team members and serves as a subject matter of expertise in data science internally and externally.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of relevant professional and research experience with a MS or PhD degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Hands on experience with each part of the data science toolkit, including statistical analyses, hypothesis testing, and data cleaning/feature engineering.
- Experience building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, Python, Sklearn, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++
- Experience with distributed computing: Hive/Hadoop, Spark
- Proficiency in deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment, especially in near real-time settings (ex: models embedded into a REST API)
- Knowledge and experience in digital marketing and e-commerce including marketing channel optimization, customer behavior/journey modeling and prediction, product recommendation systems, online testing etc.
- Ability to create visualizations to help tell stories about the data (ggplot2, Seaborn, matplotlib, d3)
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.