Red Ventures is seeking advanced marketers experienced in content marketing and technical SEO skillsets to partner with our world-class brands and creators to drive natural search growth for our growing portfolio of owned and operated assets.
As a Director of SEO, you’ll support and lead one or more of our organic strategy teams and drive innovation for some of the biggest sites in a wide range of verticals ranging from home services and healthcare to financial services, and more.
Being a Director at Red Ventures means doing all the things you have always “wanted to do” but never had the time or resources to do at your previous job. It means working alongside a data science and engineering team fully dedicated to creating SEO products and tools that give you access to more data and better insights, meaning you spend less time on SEMrush and more time making decisions that impact the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Make decisions that affect critical aspects of your business and interact regularly with company leaders and C-level executives.
- Test, innovate, and build custom solutions with our world-class digital marketing, data science, and big data talent.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to find opportunities that drive valuable traffic and bottom-line value for the business in collaboration with our experience and business teams.
- Set and experiment with content promotion strategy with experience and creative teams using a wide array of digital tools and channels
- Leverage our proprietary primary source marketing stack to report on everything from operational (production) progress to upper funnel demand capture, rank position, and full funnel visibility to conversion and P&L metrics.
- Keep our sites and pages technically optimized for mobile users and search performance - including information architecture, schema management, semantic HTML, page speed, and other components of crawling and indexing performance.
What We’re Looking For:
- A proven leader and developer of talent with a track record of driving strong performance and growth from your team.
- Always curious, with strong communication skills, confident, and ability to work with a variety of different, and cross-functional, teams.
- Passionate about innovating in organic search, don’t accept theories at face value, and enjoy testing to prove effectiveness of tactics.
- A self-starting, proven performer with at least 5+ years of experience in SEO.
- Innovative, on-the-spot, creative problem solver who demonstrates both technical and analytical skills; candidates must be comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making fast-paced decisions based on large volumes of sales and marketing performance data.
- Very comfortable working in the weeds with data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, Google Tag Manager, and other common reporting platforms.
- Ability to work with HTML, CSS, and JS necessary to optimize page load speed.
- Familiar with a number of SEO suites and tools including: STAT, Moz, SEMRush, Majestic, Botify, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Brightlocal, and DeepCrawl.
- Comfortable working with business leaders in forecasting, budgeting, sensitivity analysis, and business modeling.
- The ideal candidate will have strong data analytics skills with at least conceptual experience of data cleansing/wrangling/munging, joining disparate data sets (Bonus points for proficiency in R, Python, GREP/REGEX, or command line chops).
- Experience with Google Cloud Projects/Big Query, Google Search Console, SQL.
- At home in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- A passion for training, L&D and driving process.
- A great person to work with (https://blog.redventures.com/inside-rv-life-as-a-red-ventures-seo-pro/)!
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.