Red Ventures uses cutting-edge machine learning / artificial intelligence systems to design and implement digital marketing campaigns and websites for some of the biggest brands in the world. We are the best at what we do, which has made us a multi-billion dollar business that continues to grow rapidly both nationally and internationally. Red Ventures is a great place to work. Our culture is second to none, our facilities and perks are insane, and we give back to our communities.
Red Ventures provides services across a number of industries and as a member of our legal team you will have the opportunity to advise across a multitude of industries with unique business and legal considerations. With an environment that presents unique and evolving challenges, we need a talented, creative, multi-faceted Corporate Counsel who can hit the ground running. In this position, you will work closely with our business teams to push the needle forward as a partner in the deal. We are looking for someone well-versed in contract drafting and negotiation, and who can advise and guide our business teams on the best strategy for each situation.
Check out this video to hear more about this role directly from the team!
What You’ll Do:
- Work with business teams to draft, negotiate, and execute commercial agreements
- Be a trusted legal advisor as part of the business teams’ efforts to establish, evaluate, and expand business relationships
- Provide business teams with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation
- Help spot legal issues and identify practical solutions – know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run; know how to solve problems, and when and how to speak up
- Help establish a framework of policies and guidance to manage legal and commercial issues within the business
What We’re Looking For:
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school, and member of the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction
- 4+ years of solid, consistent experience working with business teams in connection with corporate legal matters, including contract drafting and negotiation
- An integral part of your responsibilities will include contract review, drafting, and negotiation, so this should be a core competency reflected in your recent experience.
- Other skills that would be a plus and that would give you additional opportunities to contribute include experience with advertising law, TCPA, privacy, HIPAA, government relations, intellectual property, insurance regulations, and/or banking regulations
- Red Ventures is a flat organization where everyone contributes – being confident, competent, and outgoing helps
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and to navigate amid uncertainty
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude is a must! We are not the legal team of “no” or
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - instead we are equal parts risk identifiers and problem solvers. And if you can liven up your legal advice with some humor, that is a plus (and always encouraged).
About Red Ventures:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.