Red Ventures is seeking a Senior Front End Developer that will bring to life unique user experiences across digital platforms, products and devices at our location in Charlotte, NC (relocation assistance provided). You will push the envelope to continuously innovate the interactive and mobile user experiences. You will challenge your peers as much as they will challenge you in an environment where Engineers, UX/UI Designers and Data Strategists join forces to kick ass. We may be Red Ventures, but we hate red tape. Set your path, see your impact, and grow with us.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the scope and timelines for all front-end code tasks/projects
- Owns projects - Make the high-level, critical technical decisions regarding the front-end UI of any site/application/project supported
- Support fellow team members in the completion of their assigned tasks
- Provide mentorship and the transfer of knowledge to fellow team members
- Provide expert technical direction, communication, and feedback to the business team
- Strong business acumen/tech translator
- Design strategic solutions
What We're Looking For:
- At least 5 years of professional relevant experience in the role building websites, the front-end interfaces of web applications, or the like.
- Git version control
- Build systems – Gulp (preferred), Grunt, Webpack (second preference), NPM, Bower
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Sketch (where the designs come from)
- Semantic markup using HTML5
- CSS through the use of pre-processors such as LESS, SASS, etc.
- Can develop fully responsive websites (using CSS media queries… JS-based solutions not accepted as meeting these criteria)
- Create clean, well organized and structured code in all of the above
- Advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Webpack)
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Expert ability to scope and timeline a technical front-end project with the understanding and ability to gather the necessary inputs on their own
- Expert ability to make the right technical decisions to build a solution meeting the requirements (expertise in technical options/approaches combined with project requirements and constraints)
- Have the capability to architect a performant, scalable, and reliable technical solution to meet business needs and technical constraints
- Understanding of further reaching technical concepts (API’s, modular concepts, modular CSS, JS etc.)
- Influential communicator with technical and non-technical individuals
- Share their knowledge and grow fellow developers through documentation, code reviews, mentorship, and training
- Can work autonomously and self-initiated
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
- Advanced-to-expert knowledge of Web standards, semantics, and advanced concepts such as asynchronous development, repeatable patterns, modular concepts
- React.js/Vue.js expertise (these two are preferred, but Angular would get some points)
- Ability to architect and develop their own API’s
- Ability to architect and develop build scripts (Gulp and Webpack preferred)
- Ability to develop Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), Electron apps, React Native apps, or mobile native apps
- Ability to somewhat cross the threshold into the backend (those that go more full-stack)
- Practical Implementation of Web Accessibility Standards (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing acumen concepts and principles (SEO, SEM, PPC, etc)
- Building their own side projects showing more advanced skills
- Contributing to an open source project
- Volunteering time educating/mentoring fellow developers
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.