Senior Automation Engineer
The Together apps team works closely with product and design to build out Healthline's suite of chronic health condition mobile and web apps. Our multi-disciplined engineering team is predominantly remote; spread across the US. Engineers and testers play a critical part in the decision-making processes as it relates to product, features and architecture. As we embark on creating a new web-based experience to complement our existing React Native mobile apps, we're looking to improve our quality and process through automation. We'll be implementing code and tests using various toolkits including Jest, Postman, Cypress, Puppeteer, Detox, Appium, Docker Compose, Typescript, Node.js, standard ES Modules, etc. Our team delivers multiple React Native mobile apps and multiple web experiences, so the toolkit is diverse and there are lots of opportunities to explore, learn and grow professionally.
What You'll Do:
- Build out toolkits and frameworks to make it easy for engineers to test their code
- Split time between building out toolkits, writing tests, and some manual testing across the suite of mobile apps, web clients and rest/graphql apis
- Work directly with quality, product and engineering to understand and capture requirements
- Build out toolkit for visual regressions for web application
- Build out end-to-end tests for react native mobile apps
- Contribute to automation strategy for shared code libraries written in TypeScript
- Constantly iterate and evolve to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered
- Perform functional, regression, and smoke testing
- Find and log bugs/issues via an issue tracking tool
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of automation or engineering experience
- Mid-level experience with testing web applications
- Mid-level experience with testing mobile applications
- Mid-level experience with testing apis
- Mid-level experience with shell scripting or scripting languages
- Has some experience with either Appium, Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer, or similar toolkit
- Zoom call and pair programming enthusiast
- Preferably located in the PST, MST, or CST time zones
- You have a great balance between pragmatism and the desire to make things "perfect"
- You want to be a part of creating a culture within a small team.
- You strive for simplicity even for complex problems.
- You have a passion to find bugs to improve the quality of the apps
- You are excited about the technical challenges associated with serving thousands of users on a daily basis!
- Your secret talent is creating custom emojis in Slack
- Your gif game is strong
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
Why you’ll love working at Healthline:
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC,
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.