Our Entertainment team at Red Ventures is looking for an Entertainment Reporter to cover news in the cord cutting industry for CordCuttersNews.com, in support of our mission to help cord cutters save money and find the right services for their programming needs.
The reporter will stay up-to-date on the latest news and trends in cord cutting and write about topics such as upcoming streaming service launches, current deals and pricing, how to watch specific live events and on-demand content, and more.
The reporter will write stories as assigned by the editor, and pitch topics that respond to and drive conversations in the cord cutting industry. In addition to news coverage, the writer will also occasionally research and write guides and data-centered editorial features.
What you'll do:
- Report and publish 5+ daily posts of roughly 200-500 words each, often written with limited turn-around time.
- Consistently improve the quality of Cord Cutters News’ editorial coverage.
- Plan out evergreen stories to run over periods of slow news or lower staffing.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Be engaged on data for our editorial coverage and use it to make informed decisions about coverage.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a reporter/writer.
- Knowledge of entertainment, streaming and the general cord cutting industry.
- A love for helping people find ways to save money and empowering them to find the services and content that fits their needs.
- Ability to learn about new technology launches in the industry and become a subject matter expert.
- Ability to quickly and accurately write stories.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.