Data Engineers at Red Ventures drive business value by transferring and structuring data for production and consumption by engineers, businesses, analysts, data scientists and partners.You will join a team of highly skilled engineers who design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics. Basically, we are using Spark as our universal program on how we are transferring data across multiple platforms. If you want to join a team of highly skilled engineers who design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics; this is the role for you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Building large scale, real time data pipelines with spark.
- Working with a cross functional team of data scientists and analysts to understand business requirements leverage our data.
- Design scalable solutions across distributed systems utilizing cutting edge cloud and big data technologies.
What We're Looking For:
- Spark, working in RDDs and DataFrames/Datasets API (with emphasis on DataFrames) to query and perform data manipulation
- Spark Structured Streaming
- Experience building large scale Spark applications, ideally with either Batch processing and/or Streaming processing
- Scala would be ideal but a solid knowledge of Java is also acceptable
- Experience in SparkSQL (Broadcast Joins)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, we use AWS (Kinesis, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Has experience with ANSI SQL relational database (Oracle, SQL, Postgres, MySQL)
- Linux common working knowledge, including navigating through the file system and simple bash scripting
- General knowledge of distributed systems and distributed data processing frameworks
- Experience with Storm or Cassandra is a plus
- Knowledge about agile software processes
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
390 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.