As a Security Operations Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues on the security, technology, and business teams to ensure out IT systems are well-protected and sensitive data is secure. You should be passionate about IT and information security and the myriad standards and best practices that forward-thinking companies should follow. If you enjoy using information security and IT acronyms as part of your normal conversation, you may be a great candidate for this position. You will have broad latitude to work independently and coordinate and interact with a broad group of bright and energetic people throughout the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with enterprise architects and developers to identify and mitigate information security risks, perform security reviews, design and document top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud-based security offerings.
- Assist in analysis and help develop metrics that effectively evaluate and manage threats
- Identify appropriate technology and data sources to assist with threat prevention, detection, and mitigation.
- Drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
- Communicate threat intelligence and vulnerability management options.
- Analyze threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of securing Microsoft collaboration stack including Office 365, Active Directory and supporting technologies
- Data Lost Prevention experience
- Architecture and security management expertise
- Solid grasp of security standard methodologies
- Experience securing network and enterprise cloud applications specific to AWS
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform.
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SIEM deployments, security analytics, anomaly detections
- Experience with Elastic either as a SIEM or more generally
- Background in DevOps thinking
- Scripting knowledge either in Python, Powershell, Go, etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.