Red Ventures is looking for an experienced Editor to join our NextAdvisor team. NextAdvisor is a new personal finance brand launched in partnership with TIME.
This editor will play a critical role in conceiving, assigning, and developing reported stories that help readers take control of their money during a time of unprecedented economic uncertainty. NextAdvisor is a source of both information and inspiration, so we prefer a candidate with experience in personal finance journalism as well as a knack for telling compelling stories with fascinating characters.
This editor will work with a network of freelancers and contributors but will also be responsible for writing articles as needed.
Knowledge of social media best practices, audience growth strategies, and digital-first publishing is essential. Experience working in a newsroom environment is preferred.
Our team members are based in our New York and Charlotte offices but this role can also be filled remotely.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit, write and publish high-quality articles that fit the editorial standards of NextAdvisor and TIME
- Oversee coverage of a specific beat or focus area, producing enterprising pieces of work that contribute to topical conversations and spark new ones
- Work with reporters, setting their daily priorities and developing their reporting and writing skills over time
- Understand key audience engagement metrics and allow them to inform the team’s editorial strategy and decision-making process
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of editorial experience
- Superb research, writing, and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Consistency in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing workload
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to adapt and pivot quickly
- A willingness to work and manage team members remotely
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Transforming your leasing and asset management
Jobs You May Like
Social Media Intern
Multiply, New York, NY