Healthline Media is looking for a savvy editor with experience in SEO and mental health content to join the Psych Central team. This role will start by working as an Updates Editor and will eventually transition to creating new content. At Healthline, an Updates Editor helps maintain the quality, accuracy, integrity, and accessibility of content on Healthline Media properties. Using SEO, editorial best practices and tools they update and improve existing content.
The ideal candidate has solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication, and collaboration skills. In this role, they will work closely with medical reviewers, the SEO team, freelancers, designers, and copy editors to edit and move content through the editorial process.
Healthline Media aims to provide users with information, solutions, and next steps for their health and wellness. This position will work exclusively on PsychCentral.com, which is a new acquisition in the Red Ventures/Healthline portfolio. Since 1995, this award-winning website has been run by mental health professionals offering reliable, trusted information and over 250 support groups to individuals struggling with a challenge in their lives.
An ideal candidate for the Psych Central Editor position will be excited about the role they’ll play in improving and enhancing the current content to match the newly-defined voice and willing to pivot to new content creation when the time comes. They should be passionate about mental health and eager to explore the many tools available to help people make important decisions about mental wellness.
What You’ll Do:
- Assign, edit, revise, and optimize 25 articles per month according to the specific editorial standards of our brands
- Independently handle edits from initial review, through copy edit, med review, design, and publishing
- Work closely with Medical, SEO, Product, and Design teams to identify and apply content improvements
- Review and incorporate medical reviewer comments and revisions
- Manage publication timelines and reshuffle priorities as needed based on stakeholder needs
- Coordinate and manage all assets for content, including photos, videos, and social media embeds
- QA published content
- Begin working on new content creation once the majority of updates are complete
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 2 years of editorial experience
- Solid research, writing, and editorial skills, with the ability to edit and rewrite quickly on deadline
- Experience creating or editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and interest in mental health topics
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Experience working with a house style guide
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
- Working knowledge of Wordpress is a plus
- Experience working with clinician reviewers in an editorial capacity preferred
- Experience working with freelance writers preferred
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Executive Assistant, The Intercept (Temp)
First Look Media, New York, NY