At a Glance:
Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented, result-oriented, innovative Engineering Manager to join our team.
We are looking for a collaborative leader who will understand our people, business, technology, and customers' needs. This individual will help drive our culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability to help develop our team technically and professionally. Identify and successfully implement improvements in our engineering processes, tools, and architecture to enable us to deliver on our key initiatives.
Located in downtown Detroit, Bankrate has a fresh, fun, and creative environment you won’t find anywhere else. If you have a strong will to learn and are motivated by the opportunity to help grow our team, then we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Managing a team of software engineers
- Driving our culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, and leadership to build a world-class product for our partners, advertisers, and users
- Positioning the engineering team for success through training, mentorship, and leadership
- Focus on code quality by facilitating test-driven development
- Promote engineering team growth and development technically and professionally
- Driving the hiring process by partnering with our recruitment team
- Working closely with the engineers to improve process and code quality
- Learning our different systems and environments
- Identify and track down bugs/errors in our systems
- Understand our agile process and track each team progress and challenges by reading their burn down charts
What We're Looking For:
- Experience managing an engineering team within an agile environment
- Hands-on knowledge of front-end and back-end web development and architecture
- Ability to lead and collaborate with others on technical decisions
- Track record building and shipping high-quality software products
- Expertise motivating and inspiring team members
- Experience working with stakeholders in business, product management, and design
- Passion for building equitable, inclusive, and high performing teams
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one