At a Glance:
Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented result-oriented, innovative Platform Engineer to join the team!. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in building high-quality software and with Amazon Web Services (AWS), developing cloud native solutions and have excellent problem solving skills. This person will interact with people at all levels and with all teams across a geographically diverse company. Strong communication skills are a must along with having the ability to collaborate well with others. This individual will be responsible for promoting a collaborative and communicative culture as partners of Engineering product teams by providing enablement processes, automation, and tooling to improve productivity, mitigate risk, and achieve reliability at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Join a high performing platform/cloud team who embrace the devops philosophy.
- Plan, design and develop cloud-based applications.
- Work in tandem with the cloud development teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Architect and build continuous delivery automated pipelines for a suite of microservices
- Have a passion for automation and self-healing systems.
- Create and manage the engineering build and deployment process across all environments.
- Execute automated and/or manual test suites throughout projects.
- Contribute to team improvement initiatives and projects, including testing tools, process improvements, and test automation to improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability, and performance.
- Monitor application logs and respond to errors.
- Look for ways to optimize build times and speed up feedback loops.
- Setup, maintain, and administer software build and deployment methods and tools.
- Identify development methodologies to continually improve our production practices and efficiency.
What We're Looking For:
- A minimum of three years of software development experience
- Knowledge of AWS development, configuration, and deployment
- Experience developing and supporting production quality APIs
- Experience developing applications with Python, Node, PHP and/or Go.
- ReactJS, VueJS, or AngularJS experience
- Experience with source control management practices and tools, preferably with Git.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and an iterative development cycle.
- Experience working in a Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environments
- Experience managing applications running on Linux host and containerized environments.
- Experience administering software and server deployments in an open source ecosystem.
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Python, Powershell, Go) with the ability to develop ad hoc tools.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices in an always-up, always-available environment.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price