As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll develop the technical and business foundation to turn your passion for technology into real-world solutions. You’ll architect and implement web applications using cutting edge technology solutions. You’ll help drive the end-to-end experience, from the front-end to the backend systems running in the cloud. Your developed systems will power features on multiple highly trafficked sites. Strong candidates will have robust technical training and experience. You will be part of a team who works together to develop technologies that personalize experiences for users and expand the reach of our content. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to our business, marketing and data quandaries.
What You'll Do:
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
- Performance engineering - Develop monitoring metrics that will allow us to track progress against Key Performance Indicators and ensure maximum stability of our platforms.
- Daily Teamwork - Maintain documentation for use by engineers and peers, participate in knowledge sharing sessions and drive new technical solutions/approaches
What We're Looking For:
- Server side experience Node and Java
- Experience using repository management system such as GIT, CVS, or SVN
- Experience with AWS/Azure/Google cloud providers.
- Knowledge about Machine Learning cloud-based managed services
- Knowledge about continuous integration and continuous deployment CI/CD systems
- Experience with serverless technologies.
- Experience with OOP and software design skills.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code and SOLID principles.
- Knowledge of unit-testing (TDD/BDD tool i.e. Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor)
- Understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
- Knowledge of architectures like microservices and ability to discuss pros and cons
- Analytical and detail-oriented minds with decisive judgement skills
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, CNET, and Allconnect.com.
CNET tells you what's new in tech, culture and science, why it matters, how it works and what you need. Our global team works 24/7 to explore and explain the changing world around us. You can depend on CNET for news, commentary, analysis, features, FAQs, advice, hands-on reviews, buying guides, amazing photography and fun and informative videos.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Proud makers of TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint.