Our Higher Education team at Red Ventures is looking for a writer to cover the higher education landscape for AffordableCollegesOnline.org & TheBestSchools.org, in support of our mission to help students find the school that best meets their needs.
The writer will write stories as assigned by the senior editor, and pitch topics that respond to and drive conversations in the field of higher education. In addition to news coverage, the writer will also research and write guides and data-centered editorial features.
Candidates must be located in the US and able to work without sponsorship.
What You'll Do:
- Conceptualize and write weekly stories in categories such as college news, college diversity, student life, student wellness, career development, higher education policy, and financial aid
- Collaborate with the content promotions team to produce surveys, studies, and in-depth industry reports
- Work with the senior editor to craft story ideas, provide updates, and set deadlines
- Cultivate authoritative sources and conduct interviews with subject-matter experts
- Contribute to special projects, such as reports and white papers
What We're Looking For:
- Experience writing/reporting
- Experience covering education or a related area
- Experience adhering to in-house style guide
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Research capabilities and knowledge of sourcing standards
- Ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise language
- High attention to detail
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one