As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll develop the technical and business foundation to turn your passion for technology into real-world solutions. You’ll architect and implement web applications using cutting edge technology solutions. You’ll drive the end-to-end experience, from the front-end to the backend systems running in the cloud. Strong candidates will have robust technical training and experience. You will be a leader on a team who works together to explore new boundaries and test new technologies. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to our business, marketing and data quandaries.
What You'll Do:
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
What We're Looking For:
- Strong Node.js Experience
- Experience with Typescript, NextJS, React
- Working knowledge of solutions architecture on modern cloud platforms. We use AWS, but in-depth experience with other platforms is welcome.
- Experience with serverless and event driven architecture
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Experience with a variety of API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, Webhooks, Websockets, Event-driven architectures.
- Deep knowledge of databases, data modeling, query optimization, and caching.
- Deep knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of security best practices. Ability to define a threat model, assess the security of a backend system, and evaluate tradeoffs to minimize risks
- Analytical and detail-oriented minds with decisive judgement skills
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
- Experience designing and building APIs for a variety of clients.
- Experience educating and mentoring fellow developers
- Golang experience is a plus!
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.