Senior Software Engineer (Drupal), Lonely Planet
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
We are seeking an experienced, motivated and resourceful engineer with strong PHP and Drupal skills to serve as a lead CMS developer on our Content, Systems & Process team. This is a highly collaborative role where you will work with front and back end developers, designers, product managers, business analysts, and content creators to build sensible, efficient and innovative content management experiences.
The Content, Systems & Process team at Lonely Planet strives to be a fast-moving, supportive team, and expects each member to be committed to the success of the team and aligned with our goals and values. In this role you will have significant input into the technical direction and architecture of our content platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Customize Drupal by leveraging contrib modules and developing custom modules
- Collaborate with the frontend and data teams to define and build data models and maintain data integrity through model changes.
- Support the development of new features by creating and extending, highly performant Drupal API endpoints
- Collaborate with content creators to refine and improve the content editing experience in Drupal
- Research and recommend new technologies and tools for effective integration across various systems
What You’ll Bring:
- Intimate understanding of Object Oriented PHP and relational database structures
- Experience with Drupal 8 and Drupal 9, from site building in the admin interface to leveraging Drupal APIs including Cache, Batch, Form, and Entity APIs
- Understanding of the relationship between Drupal 8+ and the Symfony framework
- Familiarity with Composer, Docker, Drupal Console, Drush, Git, ReactJS, Twig, Webpack/NodeJS/NPM
- Familiarity with GraphQL API development and usage
- Experience migrating data from different platforms
- An organized, methodical approach to all tasks, and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to manage multiple internal projects and estimate for internal deadlines
Who You Are:
- You bring empathy for the user to each project, whether internal or public-facing
- You make a habit of “leaving the woodpile higher than you found it,” improving code architecture and documentation as you go
- You are intentional about sharing knowledge and helping your colleagues grow as engineers
- You are open to learning from anyone and know that saying “I don’t know” is not a flaw but an opportunity to learn
- Presentations given at a Drupal or other tech conference or meetup
- Patches or other contributions to contributed Drupal modules or Drupal Core
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Help the world share their story