Principal Product Designer, Metacritic
Red Ventures, San Francisco, CA
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
As the definitive source for the best in entertainment, Metacritic connects you to entertainment you’ll love.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Designer with a passion for both elegant design and the entertainment world (TV, movies, gaming, and music). This leadership role will drive reinvention of the Metacritic experience – building on an iconic brand relied upon by tens of millions of avid entertainment and gaming fans. The role calls for a highly organized and collaborative individual, who can leap from design systems, to visual designs, to interactive designs, on multiple platforms & brands, while maintaining elegance and consistency throughout. The role will include senior design thought leadership, design execution, and team management.
What You’ll Do
- Reinvent the brand, web, and native app experience
- Craft beautiful, simple, engaging visual designs helping entertainment lovers decide how to spend their time and money
- Prototype delightful and clear interactive designs
- Create and maintain system-level design components and static mocks across the product portfolio
- Partner closely with the product team on product requirements corresponding to designs
- Collaborate with engineering both during design (to ensure feasibility) and after (to ensure adherence to mocks and/or make design changes as needed)
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with both business / customer goals
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of visual design and UX experience, ideally on consumer-facing native app and responsive web experiences (candidates with less may be considered at the Senior level)
- Fluency in industry standard tools such as Figma and Zeplin, for engineering handoff
- Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Principle
- Comprehensive portfolio of previous design work, demonstrating empathy for users
- Strong opinions, loosely held; you can effectively defend your design decisions but are always looking to see how additional context / perspective may change your proposals
- Eye for detail & consistency, from typography, colors, and margins to layouts and interactions
- Above all: A passion for entertainment.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.