Hi there! Two huge brands within Red Ventures’ Travel vertical, Lonely Planet and The Points Guy, are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join the Product Design team.
You will be responsible for driving a deeper understanding of our audiences’ underlying emotional and functional needs—then helping execute those discoveries to create satisfying and compelling digital and interactive experiences. You’ll join a highly-collaborative and creative team of product managers, product designers, content strategists, and front-end engineers who thrive off of giving and receiving feedback, solving complex problems and developing engaging user experiences that meet the needs of the business. Our ideal candidate has advanced research methods, design processes, and experience building and refining brands. Design and technical literacy are key, as you will be responsible for communicating research findings to project teams to help them recognize opportunities that’ll move the product forward.
Our team is global, so we are open to multiple locations, including remote work.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and conduct consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle—from discovery, to prototype validations, to usability tests on the final product.
- Apply knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to produce and service design in an iterative development environment.
- Create surveys, administer to our audiences, and conduct moderated and unmoderated user interviews to collect meaningful feedback.
- Present learnings and design recommendations from research methods in a digestible manner to internal and external teams.
- Collect, analyze and synthesis data to provide meaningful insights to our product development team.
- Be autonomous, drive best practices, advance research and testing strategies, assess and improve processes so creative output is best in class.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the field or related field.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements and digital accessibility requirements.
- Experience using digital design tools for wireframing, prototyping, and virtual collaboration such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, Miro, Axure, Lucid, etc.
- Portfolio of work as a research practitioner on large end-to-end projects, demonstrating craft: from screener and test plan creation, to moderation/facilitation, and storytelling to socialize results and recommendations.
- Experience with advanced research strategies across multiple teams.
- A series of research methods in your toolbox thatare ready to execute at any given time (ex. ethnographic field studies, concept testing, A/B testing, usability testing, diary studies, customer feedback, card sorting, tree tests, focus groups, interviews, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, etc.).
- Advanced experience with tools to support data collection such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, UserTesting.com, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly-developed presentation skills.
- Experience in the travel or credit card industry is preferred, but not required.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Help the world share their story