Platform Engineering Manager, Bankrate
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC, Austin, TX, Detroit, MI, Remote
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
Bankrate, a part of the Red Ventures family of Brands, is a personal finance company that guides people through the pivotal steps of their financial journey. We provide accurate rate information, award-winning editorial content and other free tools to help consumers reach their financial goals. Bankrate uses cutting-edge machine learning / artificial intelligence systems to design and implement digital marketing campaigns, websites, and products.
We are looking for a talented, results-oriented, and innovative Platform Engineering Manager to join our team. As an Engineering Manager at Red Ventures, you can drive your own progress. Our Engineering Managers guide our tech community towards amazing solutions. They lead our powerhouse technology teams while also remaining technically proficient themselves, as they assist in building our customer web applications and software products across a diverse group of industries. We are looking for a collaborative leader who possesses the ability to partner with our business and technology teams to make decisions that will shape the strategy of our products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Business value delivery: Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams you’re working with. Support these teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our Product and Design organization.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health and support them in their learning and development. Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging on your team and within our organization.
- Process and Product: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration in collaboration with other development teams and Product Management.
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the Red Ventures engineering organization.
- Organizational work: Help us continuously improve and grow and build further support structures for our teams by driving broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives with the rest of our engineering management team.
- Technical work: Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
What we’re looking for:
- People development: You have at least three years of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them. Your experience includes hiring, as well as having engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their growth.
- Technical Expertise: You have strong experience in architecting and improving infrastructure and developing cloud native solutions.
- 7-10 + years in DevOps supporting Agile Development.
- Experience with designing, automating, and operating secure and scalable AWS infrastructure including CloudFormation and experience with Terraform.
- Experience with APMs, Continuous Integration tools, Containers, and Scripting
- Remote work: You bring experience working with distributed teams.
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them in different teams. You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice and continuously delivering business value.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader, an effective communicator and strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people and building inclusive teams.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve the teams you work with.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator and bring strong feedback skills to your teams.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
File hosting service