Software Engineering Manager, Bankrate
Red Ventures, Palm Beach Gardens, FL Charlotte, NC, Austin, TX, Detroit, MI, Remote
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
Bankrate, a part of the Red Ventures family of Brands, is a personal finance company that guides people through the pivotal steps of their financial journey. We provide accurate rate information, award-winning editorial content, and other free tools to help consumers achieve financial literacy and reach their financial goals.
We are looking for a talented, results-oriented, and compassionate Software Engineering Manager to join our team. Our Engineering Managers influence our tech community to create thoughtful solutions. They lead our powerhouse technology teams while also remaining technically proficient themselves, as they guide teams in building our customer-facing web applications and software products across a diverse group of industries. We are looking for a collaborative leader who can deeply partner with our business and technology teams to make decisions that will shape the strategy of our products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Business value delivery: Work with teams to ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards. Support these teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our Product and Design organization.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health and support them in learning and development. Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging on your team and within our organization.
- Process and Product: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration across all team functions.
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the Red Ventures engineering organization. Empower team members to step up and lead through guidance and alignment with opportunities.
- Organizational work: Help us continuously improve, grow, and build strong support structures for our teams by driving broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives with the rest of our engineering management team.
- Technical work: Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
What we’re looking for:
- People development: You have a minimum of 1 year of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them. Your experience includes hiring engineers who directly report to you and supporting them in their growth through active mentorship and planning.
- Technical Expertise: You have a strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives, including reusable, scalable code
- 5+ years of recent full-stack experience (the team uses Node.js, React, Postgres, AWS)
- Ability to quickly evaluate and learn new technologies
- Ability to uphold software engineering best practices for quality, observability, and monitoring
- Preferred: Experience with AWS, Lambda, SQS, SNS and Terraform
- Bonus: Experience building and sharing solutions that empower peer development teams
- Bonus: Experience with authentication and authorization systems and standards (OIDC, OAuth)
- Remote work: You bring experience working with distributed teams and fostering a healthy team culture and community
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them in different situations. You believe in agile and lean values.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader, an effective communicator, and a strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning. You thrive on developing people, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve yourself and the teams you work with.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator who provides clear feedback. You believe in transparent and inclusive communication.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000+ employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Help the world share their story