Product Designer, Red Platform
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC or Remote
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
The Red Platform team at Red Ventures is looking for a talented Product Designer to join our growing design team. You will have the opportunity to be a part of our success and help shape the future of our internal products and user experiences. You are a passionate designer with an enthusiasm for the product design process. You relish the challenge of improving experiences, collaborating on novel concepts and working with others towards a shared creative vision.
You will be primarily responsible for designing new product concepts and systems from the ground up. In addition to enhancing and designing new features to several existing products in our Product Suite. This suite of proprietary software includes but is not limited to A/B split testing, event tracking and implementation, data and audience management, decision engine, content, outreach, advertising, and video products. These products are used by nearly every Red Ventures team to help grow their business and make informed decisions.
Note: This role is open to remote work on the East Coast or hybrid remote-office work in Charlotte, NC.
What You’ll Do
- Solve problems in line with business goals, and explore innovative design approaches while working with product teams to plan and build iteratively
- Create and execute detailed desktop applications leveraging our design system
- Help drive user experience strategy by collaborating in user-centered exercises like co-creation, design sprints, empathy mapping, and journey mapping
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to tackle product challenges, identifying user pain-points and making recommendations to drive end goals
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand technical restrictions and possibilities
- Champion employee experiences and be an advocate on behalf of your peers
- Collaborate with teams and research to test your designs, then iterate and innovate based on data and findings
- Present and share work with cross-functional teams while clearly communicating design rationale and the importance to end users
- Contribute to, help refine, and grow our design system
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of design experience working on products (internal or software applications) heavily informed by design systems
- Ability to create solutions from the ground up, including interface & interaction design, testing and prototyping
- Solid understanding of the concepts and processes behind design thinking, product strategy, user research, user testing and validation
- A creative portfolio of previous design work, demonstrating empathy for users
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography and usability
- The ability to communicate design choices clearly and effectively across all functions and levels, and collect, process and respond to feedback
- Can move projects forward independently, keeping stakeholders and the team informed
- Comfortable with change and can operate in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in industry standard tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Experience with design systems, designing with data, and user research
Who We Are:
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one