Front End Software Engineer (React), Magenta
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Digital Consumer Choice Platform
Red Ventures and Trane Technologies are creating a state-of-the-art digital marketing, consumer experience and sales origination company for residential HVAC and other home services. We will still manage the best (branded and non-branded) online properties to attract consumers with diverse monetization strategies. Our competitive advantage will come from superior customer experience and best-in-class technology enabling new and disruptive industry capabilities.
As a front-end developer, you'll play an important role building new and improved websites, user engagement tools and online experiences. You will work closely with a cross functional team of front- and back-end engineers, designers, SEO analysts, writers, product managers and business leaders to build the next iteration of market leading branded websites.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement, modify and test engaging, consumer-facing web experiences.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to scope and deliver valuable projects on time.
- Teach and learn new skills with your fellow developers, producing quality code with consistent standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to build value in the codebase: set standards, build tools, and automate jobs to make yourself and your team better and faster.
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail. Debug issues and execute so everything “just works.”
- Add to a culture that loves experimentation, Agile development, and intellectual curiosity
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5+ years experience in front end web development.
- 2+ years experience using ReactJS
- Strong HTML, CSS, and Vanilla JS skills
- Experience with page speed optimization. Working knowledge of web image formats, font loading techniques, and strategies for optimizing Core Web Vitals
- Experience implementing Web Accessibility Standards (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- Eager to take ownership of work, including collaboration with stakeholders and developers through the product development lifecycle
- Experience using GraphQL with a headless CMS implementation
- Experience developing your own WordPress themes or plugins
- Experience using NextJS with server-side rendering
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery CI/CD environments
- Experience with Monitoring and Metrics tools such as New Relic, DataDog, ELK stack etc.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid