As a Senior Data Scientist at Red Ventures on our Home team partnering with MYMOVE, you will create innovative solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to the business bottom line.
We welcome candidates from different backgrounds, as we believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a small data science team by defining technology strategy, creating and managing a project portfolio, tracking data science KPIs and driving daily execution to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions to set team priorities, influence work approaches and solve operational/organization challenges
- Define project scope/plan and identify technical resources required to complete the project.
- Execute on these projects rapidly using cutting edge techniques from machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, often through cross-functional collaboration.
- Deploy data science solutions as standalone products into a real-world, operational environment, and monitor and improve them over time.
- Contributes to common underlying data science technology and best practices.
- Continue to develop technical proficiency in data access, manipulation, analysis, statistical modeling and software engineering.
- Continue to develop technology breadth and depth in advanced data science techniques and start to build own specialty
- Mentor and/or manage junior members on the team and serve as a subject matter of expertise of data science internally. Contribute to the cross-organization technology strategy and roadmap for data science.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ year’s experience as a Data Scientist or Master’s degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization
- Comfortable and interested in spending equal time managing, mentoring, and coaching team members as well as operating as an individual contributor
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, with expertise and experience in at least one of the following areas: marketing channel optimization, conversational AI, recommender systems, NLP, deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python and Spark
- Capability of communicating effectively with business and data science leaders on project status, timeline and technical results
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services across high-growth industries including home services, financial services, and healthcare.
Want to learn more about Red Ventures? Visit Red Ventures's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.